A downloadable tool
PowerQuest is a Unity tool for creating 2d point and click adventure games!
- Built specifically for 2d sprite based point and click adventure games.
- The fast workflow, and ease-of-use of Adventure Game Studio but with all the power of Unity.
- Specialised handling of both pixel art, and high-res games.
- Select from Lucasarts style 9-Verb or Modern One/Two click template interfaces. Or roll your own.
- Central PowerQuest window keeps all your characters, rooms, inventory items, and dialog trees in one place, easy to find and easy to edit.
- Smooth scrolling camera with parallax.
- Simple but powerful custom 2d audio system.
- Powerful sprite animation system (PowerSprite) included (usually $10 on its own). Easy directional animation handling.
- Text export to script file for dialog recording. Speech/voice support and automatic lip-sync generation using Rhubarb.
- Text export to csv, for localisation.
- Patch friendly Save/Restore system saves/restores all your variables automatically.
- Create or edit an interaction with the click of a button (eg: Use Door).
- The Quest Script Editor lets you quickly edit interactions in simplified dialog style language. eg:
- Script hot-loading: Add interactions on the fly while playing the game.
- Scripts save to native unity c# so you’re able to do anything unity allows you to.
Documentation & Help
Visit the forums right here on itch.io
Join the Powerhoof Discord, and say hi in the #PowerQuest channel
Here's a selection of a few titles, some even have source-code available!
Click download now to get access to the following files: