A downloadable tool
PowerQuest is a Unity tool for creating 2d point and click adventure games!
- Built specifically for 2d sprite based point and click adventure games.
- The fast workflow, and ease-of-use of Adventure Game Studio but with all the power of Unity.
- Specialised handling of both pixel art, and high-res games.
- Select from Lucasarts style 9-Verb or Modern One/Two click template interfaces. Or roll your own.
- Central PowerQuest window keeps all your characters, rooms, inventory items, and dialog trees in one place, easy to find and easy to edit.
- Smooth scrolling camera with parallax.
- Simple but powerful custom 2d audio system.
- Powerful sprite animation system (PowerSprite) included (usually $10 on its own). Easy directional animation handling.
- Text export to script file for dialog recording. Speech/voice support and automatic lip-sync generation using Rhubarb.
- Text export to csv, for localisation.
- Patch friendly Save/Restore system saves/restores all your variables automatically.
- Create or edit an interaction with the click of a button (eg: Use Door).
- The Quest Script Editor lets you quickly edit interactions in simplified dialog style language. eg:
- Script hot-loading: Add interactions on the fly while playing the game.
- Scripts save to native unity c# so you’re able to do anything unity allows you to.
Documentation & Help
Visit the forums right here on itch.io
Join the Powerhoof Discord, and say hi in the #PowerQuest channel
PowerQuest is being developed alongside our own adventure game projects. Here are some examples. There are more on the Powerhoof itch page.
The first two have source code available!
Click download now to get access to the following files: